Join us in the parlor for a conversation about community development with Ezekial Harris, Orlando Bailey & Chase Cantrell. Is it time to let new leaders have a seat at the table? And how do we provide equitable opportunities for engagement and influence without becoming exclusive or disparaging to other groups?
With special guests:
- Ezekiel Harris, Executive Director for MACC Development, is among the youngest EDs in Detroit and a recently-recognized Knight Cities Champion Fellow. As MACC Development’sExecutive Director, Ezekiel leads both organizationally and in a personal capacity; leading the renovation of the 12,000 sq. ft. MACC Building, implementing the Mack Avenue Corridor Plan, tutors at MACC Lit, and coaches with MACC Sports. Ezekiel also serves on the Board of Directors for Community Development Advocates of Detroit (CDAD), and is a member of the Steering Committee for the Lower East Action Plan (LEAP). He and his wife Ashly are proud residents of the 48214's Pingree Park community.
- Orlando Bailey is the Manager of Business & Resident Development for the Eastside Community Network (ECN) formally the Warren/Conner Development Coalition on Detroit's Eastside. Orlando was also a part of the very first cohort of the Knight Emerging Leader Fellowship leading the Creating Our Destination Environment on Mack Avenue Project also known as C.O.D.E. Orlando is a native Detroiter who grew up just down the road from where he works.
Our New Location: Mackenzie House, 4735 Cass Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201
- Hosted by Chase Cantrell, Building Community Value
- Locals & travelers welcome
- Thanks to support from Knight Foundation