By applying all of FoodLab's guiding principles around equitable, just, diverse and fair food practices, a collaboration of Detroit women created an epic exploration of food and community called The Dream Cafe. In partnership with Allied Media Projects, urban farmers, local ally food businesses, food sovereignty organizers and chefs — centering people of color — created the pop-up at Cass Cafe during Allied Media Conference as a space to exchange knowledge & strategies with visitors from around the world who are using food to heal, empower & transform their communities. Join us in the parlor with the folks who were on the front line to hear how they did it & what they learned.
- Ederique Goudia, Operations Manager, Dream Cafe
- Le'Genevieve Squires, Chef, Dream Cafe
- Brittiany Peeler, Chef, Dream Cafe
- Meg Burritt, Server, Dream Cafe
- Jenny Lee, Allied Media Projects
- Serena Daniels, Food writer & moderator
Free & open to the public.